GarageBand in 1 hour teaches you the basics of GarageBand and shows you how to work with virtual instruments and audio recording and mixing on an iPad. When you are through with the course, you will have recorded an 8 track song complete with 3 tracks of drums, bass, guitar, keyboards, audio, and mixed it down and added effects. You will be able to share your composition via iTunes, Soundcloud, Facebook, Twitter or email.
Note: This is a self paced course, where you learn at your own pace with 10 step by step video tutorials that will be provided instantly after you enroll. You can start anytime as per your convenience and learn by imitating what you learn through your videos on your iPad.
In order to enroll in this course you must first enroll here at wiziq. Once enrolled in the course then you may proceed below to register for the optional graduate college credit thru Seattle Pacific University.
Prerequisites for the course:
This course is intended for anyone interested in making music on an iPad. Students must have:
- Access to a computer with Internet connection
- An iPAD pre loaded with the Garage Band app.
Upon completion of the course the student will:
- Record drums, bass, piano, guitar, and an audio track in Garage BandUnderstand the workings of an iPad
- Understand the basics of musical sequencing
- Master the recording: Mixing. Panning, effects, editing
- Be able to publish your song online, email it to a friend, or share on social networks
Course Outline (10 Tutorial movies) :
- Tutorial 1 : Garage Band Basics
- Tutorial 2 : Garage Band More Basics
- Tutorial 3 : Smart Drums and Loops
- Tutorial 4 : Recording “Live” virtual drums
- Tutorial 5 : Smart Bass and Loops
- Tutorial 6 : Smart Guitar and Loops
- Tutorial 7 : Keyboards
- Tutorial 8 : Recording Audio
- Tutorial 9 : Mixing/Effects/Submixing
- Tutorial 10 : Editing and Stuff
Thank you so much for the intensive private lessons!! Your expertise in the field, as well as your patience in problem solving issues, is truly invaluable. You made it so easy to just come in and sit, learn and create. Your studio is incredible!! The surrounding beauty, as well as the hospitality provided by both you and Linda, made the workshop a true vacation!!! Thanks again, Mike.
~Karen Calhoun (Visual and Performing Arts Coordinator)
Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District
Working with Mike Klinger at the workshop was an inspiring experience. I learned more in a week than I thought possible. Mike gave clear and thorough explanations and suggestions for practical applications of music software that will enrich my teaching for years to come. The natural beauty of the area and the warm hospitality of the Klingers made me feel completely welcome.
~Liz Sesler-Beckman (Gilman School)
Thanks so much for your warm hospitality in your beautiful retreat facility.
Congratulations on creating what I consider a unique, beautiful and creative learning space! You have merged technology with beautiful nature and everything one experiences at your retreat will be a lasting memory. I look forward to coming out again!
~Gil Kaupp (Trumpet Player, Recording Engineer)
Instructor of Music Technology, UNLV, Las Vegas
I studied with Mike in the summer of 2014. He is a wonderful teacher; very knowledgeable and personable! He is an expert in Sibelius, ProTools, Band-in-a-Box, and much more! I learned a great deal from him as a musician, technician, and entrepreneur. I would definitely love to work more with him in the future."
Language of instruction: English