Summer 2016 term session starts June 20th and ends August 26th for 10 weeks.You are allowed to work at your own pace if you wish to finish the course early.
*Optional graduate college credit also available thru Seattle Pacific University below.
Optional (3) graduate college credits available for this course @$150
How the course works?
This is a non-syncronous course, meaning that it is not in realtime. Simply download the tutorial assignment, follow the instructions, submit to the instructor as directed, and receive feedback from the instructor. You can complete the course materials on a weekly basis (usually 2-3 hours per week), or you can proceed at your own pace and finish the course early.
Finale 2012 Music Software Program Training is a great class for the beginner and intermediate user as well as for the older users of Finale who want to catch up with the new version (Finale 2012). Simple in-class assignments will teach you how to:
- Learn the 5 different note input techniques
- Input a lead sheet with chords and lyrics SATB
- Input a simple instrumental score and transpose and print the parts
- Import standard midifiles from other programs
- Edit as needed, scan music, save as EPS file for integration into books or magazines
- Learn advanced layout techniques
- Create Smartmusic files
- Transcription mode
- Create vocal score from a Piano part
- Learn Piano reduction from a vocal score
- Opt new percussion layouts and mapping
- Improve chord input
- Hundreds of music education worksheets
- Audio and playback enhancements, and much more.
By the end of Finale 2012 Music Software Program Training online course you’ll :
- Learn basic steptime inputting techniques using the mouse and midi keyboard
- Learn basic real-time inputting techniques using the midi keyboard
- Learn basic lyric and chord entry techniques
- Transpose, assign instrumentation, mix volumes, panning and other controllers
- Input a simple lead sheet, piano piece, multi-voiced piece (chorale), and small score.
- Extract the parts of a score and printout score and parts.
- Understand the techniques involved of importing and editing SMF’s
- Learn how Finale interprets and recognizes scanned images and then edit as needed
- Learn advanced page layout techniques
- Learn advanced scoring techniques
- Learn how to integrate with Smartmusic Studio
- Write examples as EPS files to be imported into a word processor
- Save your work as Audio and burn to CD
Students must register within 2 weeks for the college credit with SPU after signing up for the course thru wiziq.
Cost for Credit
- (3) Graduate-level quarter credits are available for this course through Seattle Pacific University @$50 per credit.
To Register :Click here and on left side Select the "music" category" and Click on "+" sign for Finale.
Language of instruction: English