In order to enroll in this course you must first enroll here at wiziq. Once enrolled in the course then you may proceed below to register for the optional graduate college credit thru Seattle Pacific University.
*Optional graduate college credit also available thru Seattle Pacific University below.
Optional (3) graduate college credits available for this course @$150
Course Requirements :
- Pro Tools
- Band in a Box
- Garage Band
- Midi keyboard/Controller
Course Outline :
- Musical Form
- Cadence types and usage
- Analysis of various styles and their forms and cadence types
- Chord Progression techniques
- Mapping out the song Blueprint
- Inputting the Blueprint into Band in a Box and setting the parameters
- Exporting the song as a midifile and bring into Pro Tools to add audio tracks, mix/edit and master
- Adding virtual tracks
- Export as WAV, MP3, and midifile
- Import the midifile into Sibelius for editing and saving as a Scorch webpage for music publishing
- Saving creations to social media sites. Publishing music online.
- Garage Band basics for song creation
- Composing a 60 seconds commercial for TV
- Using the iPad in the music classroom. Study the various music apps available.
Course Objectives :
- Students will learn the components of musical form from the motive to the double period.
- Students will learn all of the various types of cadences and how to creatively use them.
- Students will learn chord progression techniques and be able to map out the chord progression for an original song.
- Students will be able to map out a “blueprint” of their song complete with musical form descriptions, cadence types, and chord progression.
- Students will take their “blueprint” to the computer and use Band in a Box or Garage Band to create their original song.
- Students will learn how to export their song as a midifile and import it into Pro Tools to add audio tracks, mix and master.
- Students will learn how create a “glass master” for CD burning or MP3 sharing.
- Students will learn how to publish their music and share on social networks and music publishing sites.
- Students will learn how to use an iPad, and learn about the various apps that work well in the classroom for learning and creating music.
Course Features :
- The focus of this 10 week course is to show music teachers how they can teach musical concepts using technology in their classrooms.
- Teachers will learn music form, chord progression techniques, mapping out a song blueprint and then taking that to various music technology software’s to produce a finished product.
- This is a great course to show music technology integration between various programs and get caught up to date on the very latest software’s including: Sibelius , Pro Tools , Band in a Box , Garage Band, and how to use various iPad apps for teaching music.
Students must register within 2 weeks for the college credit with SPU after signing up for the course thru wiziq.
Cost for Credit
- (1) Graduate-level quarter credits are available for this course through Seattle Pacific University @$50 per credit.
To Register: Click Here– and on left side Select the "music" category" and Click on "+" sign for Teaching Music Using Technology In The Music Classroom.
Course Comments :
I have taken a couple of classes from you in the past and always come away feeling like I have learned lots of useful information for my job. The class I remember most was the Sibelius class I took from you probably ten years ago,.... You showed me shortcuts and steps that I had not even considered. These days I write/arrange a ton of band music for both my middle school bands and the pro bands I play with in my free time. I feel like I can run right through a written arrangement in no time at all and I attribute much of this to my early learning back in that class I took from you years ago.There is nobody that knows the music software programs on the market better than Mike Klinger. His teaching methods guarantee that you will come away with a firm understanding of the software after just a short class. Take advantage of a national level expert!
Director of Bands - Gaiser Middle School
Language of instruction: English